After months of lockdown, the city of Pittsburgh is finally starting to open again. Restaurants and bars are opening their doors to guests for outdoor service. While indoor closing is still prohibited, now is the perfect time to soak in the summer sun while enjoying a drink or two. You still need to practice caution when leaving your house by wearing masks and staying at least six feet away from people outside of your household. However, you can still treat yourself to a pleasant bar outing every once in a while.
Not sure where to go? Booze cruise Pittsburgh experts — Pittsburgh Pedal Boats — is here to give you the ultimate guide to throwing the best Pittsburgh bar crawl of your life.
Outdoor Pittsburgh Bar List
Take a Booze Cruise in Pittsburgh Before Heading to These Areas
Pittsburgh offers a wide range of unique and vibrant bars to visit. Many of them offer outdoor patios and spaces perfect for helping you adhere to social distancing guidelines while also enjoying your favorite drink. Not sure what bars or places to hit up? We have you covered. Check out these outdoor, socially-distant friendly bars for your next outdoor adventure now.
1. On the River with Pittsburgh Pedal Boats
What better way to soak in the city of Pittsburgh than by pedaling through its expansive river with a beer can in your hand? At Pittsburgh Pedal Boats, you can take a private cruise down the Pittsburgh river with your closest friends and family members.
While you admire the gorgeous Pittsburgh skyline, you can listen to your favorite music and take some stunning photographs. People who have sailed across the Pittsburgh river with PGH Pedal Boats enjoyed their time so much they nominated it for the “Best of PGH” City Tour in 2020.
Each Pittsburgh Pedal Boat can hold up to 14 guests at a time. 10 pedaling seats are available under a covered roof while four non-pedaling seats are offered out front. As you pedal down the river, you will be lead by a USCG licensed captain and their assistant.
Whether you want to throw a small birthday party for your friend or you just want an excuse to get out of the house, Pittsburgh Pedal Boats offers the ultimate booze cruise in Pittsburgh!
2. Outdoor Bars
As the summer months continue to pass us by, we only have so much time to enjoy the sunny Pittsburgh weather. Stop by these popular outdoor bars before the summer ends!
- Specialties: Expansive food hall offering Mexican, American, and Hawaiian fusion
- Dining Options: Outdoor patio
- Location: 200 Children’s Way, Pittsburgh, PA, 15212
Federal Galley brings a unique dining experience to the city of Pittsburgh. Inside, you will find a wide variety of restaurants to choose from. Once you grab your food, you can head to the bar to order a cocktail or some beer or wine. Outside, you will find a number of covered tables where you can enjoy the pleasant Pittsburgh summer while sipping on your favorite cocktail.
The Abbey on Butler Street
Image courtesy of Facebook.
- Specialties: European pub cuisine and cocktails
- Dining Options: Counter-style service on the outdoor patio; tables are first-come, first-serve
- Location: 4635 Butler Street #2906, Pittsburgh, PA, 15201
Located in Lawrenceville, The Abbey on Butler Street offers counter-style service for its outdoor patio. All tables are first-come, first-serve. While you sit out on the patio, you can enjoy some hearty street food and delicious cocktails.
The Pennsylvania Market
Image courtesy of Discover the Burgh.
- Specialties: Latin cuisine, charcuterie, and wine
- Dining Options: Outdoor patio
- Location: 108 19th Street, Pittsburgh, PA, 15222
Guests can sit inside the 4,000 square foot courtyard at The Pennsylvania Market while looking through its extensive collection of cocktails, beers, wine, and fine food. You can share a charcuterie board with friends or munch on a New York deli-style sandwich. Savory entrees like Pollo Asado and Pork Tacos are also available for hungry guests!
3. Your Backyard
Due to the pandemic, a number of Pittsburgh bars have begun offering alcohol to-go. This makes it easier than ever to enjoy your favorite cocktails from the comfort of your own home. Check out this list of popular Pittsburgh bars offering delicious cocktails to-go.
- Specialties: Wine lounge offering classic cocktails and appetizing food
- Dining Options: Wine take-out on Saturday’s and delivery for locations within 20 miles of Mary’s Vine
- Location: 211 Kenmawr Ave, Rankin, PA, 15104
For special nights in, order a wine bottle from Mary’s Vine. This popular wine lounge offers wine take-out and pick-up for people who want to enjoy a nice glass of wine at home. Guests can choose a bottle of wine from the bar’s extensive wine list. Mary’s Vine also offers small plates, desserts, and Sunday Brunch to enjoy alongside your glass of wine.
- Specialties: Creative cocktails and American cuisine
- Dining Options: Cocktails and food are available to-go
- Location: 4325 Butler Street, Pittsburgh, PA, 15201
Daiquiris, margaritas, and more await you at Bar Botanico. This popular bar offers cocktails to-go on Sunday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 5 pm to 10 pm and Friday to Saturday from 5 pm to 11 pm.
Bird on the Run
- Specialties: Fried food and frozen cocktails
- Dining Options: Pick-up available for food and cocktails
- Location: 128 S Highland Ave, Pittsburgh, PA, 15206
Host your next Happy Hour at home with Bird on the Run. Along with its delicious appetizers, Bird on the Run also offers frozen cocktails to-go. The flavors change on a daily basis, so make sure you call the restaurant beforehand to see which ones are available for that day.
- Specialties: Mexican cuisine and margaritas
- Dining Options: Dine-in, takeout, and delivery
- Location: 2224 E Carson Street, Pittsburgh, PA, 15203
La Palapa brings authentic Mexican cuisine and drinks to the safety of your own home. Their Mexican beer, mezcal cocktails, margaritas, and more are perfect for accompanying the restaurant’s many delicious entrees.
How to Stay Safe During COVID-19
Going on a booze cruise? Pittsburgh Pedal Boats offers tips on staying safe during your bar crawl
If you plan on going out, make sure you follow these safety guidelines:
- Stay home if you are showing any signs of COVID-19 such as fever or body aches
- Bring hand sanitizer with you
- Wear a cloth face covering
- Avoid going out with large groups of people, as many places won’t allow large parties anyway
Ready to go on the best booze cruise in Pittsburgh? Contact the team at Pittsburgh Pedal Boats today to schedule a private party