Are you planning something on the water with your friends this summer and wondering what you will be able to see during your cruise down the rivers? If so, then you have come to the right place! Whether you have a trip planned already or you are still looking for something fun to do on the water this summer, Pittsburgh Party Pontoons has you covered. As the best Pittsburgh boat tour company, we know how to create a unique and fun experience for our guests to explore the city. As you cruise down the river you will see neighborhoods such as South Side, North Shore, The Strip District, Downtown, and more. Keep reading to find out more about each neighborhood you will see as you cruise down the Three Rivers.
From culture to amazing views, Downtown has a lot to offer
As one of the most lively parts of the city and with amazing views from the water, Downtown Pittsburgh has a lot to offer. As you set sail on your Pittsburgh boat ride from The Landing and Marina at Station Square, the Downtown area is one of the first neighborhoods you will see. From the river, you will catch breathtaking views of the city, and in the neighborhood, there is even more to see.
- Point State Park - If you are looking to take in some beautiful weather outside or enjoy events throughout the summer, then this is the place for you. Point State Park is one of the most recognizable parks in the Pittsburgh area with the Point State Park Fountain as the focal point. While enjoying this National Historic Landmark, be sure to also stop by the Fort Pitt Museum to understand how the great city of Pittsburgh came to be.
- Cultural District - As the sun starts to set, head on over to the Cultural District, located between 6th Street and 10th Street, to enjoy a night out on the town. With most of the cities’ performing arts venues located in this area, you and your group can enjoy a show of your choice followed by drinks at your favorite bar. And, if you are looking to try out somewhere new to eat, be sure to stop by Sienna Mercato, Olive or Twist, täkō, or any of the other delicious restaurants in the area.
The Strip District
With historic integrity intact, the Strip District is your go-to stop for food after a Pittsburgh boat ride
As you head up the Allegheny River, you and your friends will approach the Strip District. Now known as one of the city’s most popular places to come for outstanding food and nightlife, The Strip is somewhere you don’t want to miss. As you plan your day out on a boat ride in Pittsburgh, be sure to stop by this neighborhood to keep the party going. Let's dive into the best places to visit while in The Strip District.
- Cinderlands Warehouse - If you are looking for somewhere to come to wind down, relax for the night, and enjoy great drinks, then this is the place for your group. Cinderlands Warehouse is an outdoor rooftop bar making it the spot to visit this summer. Also, their food is something to talk about, so don’t miss out on their full menu after your Pittsburgh booze cruise.
- Coop de Ville - As one of the newest concepts from the Richard DeShantz restaurant group, Coop de Ville is a great addition to the neighborhood and a must-try. This southern style, fried chicken restaurant is even better than what first meets the eye. What seems to be just a casual restaurant comes to life at night with a full bar, duckpin bowling, arcade games, pinball machines, pool tables, and more.
- Peace, Love, and Little Donuts - What’s better than ending your Pittsburgh boat trip with a warm and fresh donut? Founded in 2009 right here in The Strip District of Pittsburgh, Peace, Love, and Little Donuts is home to some of the most unique, gourmet-style donuts that will have you wondering why you never came here before. Plus, who doesn’t love mini donuts?
End your Pittsburgh boat ride with a night out on the town
Across the Monongahela River from Downtown and a short distance from Station Square, you will find the South Side neighborhood of Pittsburgh. If you and your group are looking for somewhere close to continue the fun after your Pittsburgh boat cruise, then South Side is where you should be. Filled with vintage shops, coffee bars, and plenty of bars, here are some of the best spots to keep the party going in the South Side.
- 23rd & Vine - Who doesn’t love a good cheese board paired with your favorite wine? At 23rd & Vine, this is exactly what you will get. With an immense wine list, you will be guaranteed to find something for everybody’s liking with wine flights and more.
- Acacia - If you have never been to a speakeasy before and have been looking for one in the city then today is your lucky day. Located on Carson Street, Acacia may be hard to spot at first glance, but once found you’ll be delightfully surprised at their above par cocktail list. With a constantly changing menu and an atmosphere like no other, Acacia is known to have some of the finest cocktails in the city.
Mostly known as the home to the Pittsburgh Steelers and Pirates, the North Shore is located right off of the Allegheny River. If you are looking for something to do in the North Shore neighborhood after your Pittsburgh boat cruise on the three rivers, there are plenty of fun things to do in this area. During the summer months, you could catch a game at PNC Park, explore the Andy Warhol Museum, or explore one of the many breweries the neighborhood has to offer.
- 412 Brewery - Founded in 2019, 412 Brewery has quickly established itself in the neighborhood with an impressive beer list. Be sure to stop by their taproom to enjoy a pet-friendly environment with outdoor seating and handcrafted micro-brews.
- The Andy Warhol Museum - If you are even the slightest of a fan of Andy Warhol, you have to visit this museum during your time in Pittsburgh. Explore many of Warhol’s famous creations and the fan-favorite interactive Silver Clouds room.
Now that you know of the endless opportunities for you and your friends after your Pittsburgh boat cruise, all there is left to do now is decide where you want to explore. Each neighborhood offers something different from the rest with something to do around every corner. But, if you haven’t done so already, be sure to start planning your Pittsburgh boat cruise followed by a night out in one of the lively neighborhoods of Pittsburgh. Contact us today to learn more about our booze cruises and to book yours!